You learn a lot in the first year of motherhood. Whether it’s baby things or personal things, there is a lot of knowledge gained.
1. Time management is key. Whether it’s the baby’s schedule or mom’s schedule, sticking to it is important.
2. You don’t always need the fanciest or most expensive thing. Babies love to play with just the box the toy comes in, that should tell you how important price is to them.
3. You are doing it right. No matter what it is. As long as mom and baby are both alive at the end of the day, you’re doing it right.
4. Sometimes everything can be solved with a nap. They always say “sleep when the baby sleeps” and some days that can be impossible with the list of 100 chores to do. But some days it’s unavoidable to take that 30 minute nap, and when you do, you’ll realize it was your best decision of the day.
5. There isn’t an answer to everything. Sometimes you just have to trust your gut instinct and do what you think you need to do.
6. As long as you are dressed, it doesn’t matter what you’re wearing. Some days can be busier than others and there’s no time to look fancy, but you know what? Baby doesn’t care what you’re wearing!
7. It’s okay to let things wait. Heck, I even wrote a whole blog post about this. Worried about the clean laundry that’s been sitting in the basket for over a week? As long as the baby is happy, it’s okay that the chores aren’t done immediately.
8. It’s okay to be frustrated. Being a mom is frustrating, work is frustrating, life is frustrating. Just find somewhere to release the frustration and you’ll be okay.
9. Time goes by in the blink of an eye. I know I’ve heard this over and over, and there are days when you think to yourself “yeah right, this is the longest year of my life.” But then you look back on it and everything is a blur.
10. You are the best mom ever. Each and everyone of you. Whether you feel like it or not, you truly are.